[time-nuts] HP5372A screen-dumps

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Jun 13 23:15:24 UTC 2005

From: "John Miles" <jmiles at pop.net>
Subject: RE: [time-nuts] HP5372A screen-dumps
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:02:26 -0700

> Hi, Magnus --

Hi John,

> You might give this a try:
>
> http://www.speakeasy.net/~jmiles1/ke5fx/7470.htm

Cool and usefull!

> If it works, let me know and I'll add the 5372A to the list of supported
> devices.

I'll see if I have the spare time in the lab. I'll also need to locate that
Windows laptop with GPIB to see if I can get it to work. We are almost Linux
only in the lab these days. My own lab is also Linux-only I'm afraid. It may
have to wait until the weekend, as we are kind of busy right now.

We have some sort of hack cocked up at work, so the Tek AD007 prints to a
network printer queue, and in there the HPGL gets converted into Postscript
and sends it to the standard printer queue. I have not dug into that hack, but
it is basially an Open Source HPGL tool of some sort wrapped in normal LPR
fluff and magic.

Anyway, if that hack could be made to work on Linux, it would solve several
problems for me!

Cheers,
Magnus