[time-nuts] HP5372A screen-dumps

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 09:23:21 UTC 2005

Magnus Danielson wrote:

>>See, my problem is that I don't have a manual :-(
>

> OK. It seems that Agilent want the manuals in scanned form too. Let's see what
> we can arrange.
>
> In the meanwhile, I may be able to toss you some sample programs. I've been
> working on a program that attempts to eventually cover the full set of
> measurements. I expect that work to accelerate by the end of the week.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus

Is there enough people who own a manual that could scan a section of it? Perhaps someone with an A3 or
  larger scanner doing any pullout pages?

Having scanned the HP 5370B manual

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/useful-stuff/time/HP-5370B/

I know its a lot of work to do a complete manual with a small scanner, but if several could be
persuaded to do a bit, a electronic manual could be produced.

If the scanning was restricted to user sections, and not service sections, the page count should be a
lot smaller and so the work a lot less.

This seems a logical way of producing electronic copies of manuals.

I know Agilent intend doing this, but you could wait a long time. I get the feeling this is not going
to happen very soon.

PS,
There is HP-Vee driver that does a screen dump.

http://www.doe.carleton.ca/~jaguirre/hp5372A.html

Not sure how useful that would be.
--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD CEng MIEE,