[time-nuts] Delay generator

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 2 19:52:13 UTC 2012

Fellow time-nuts,

I've finally got the time to unpack and start testing the SRS DG535
delay generator. It's a cool little box which lets me generate 4
different delay signals from a trigger, with a 0 delay output. The nice
thing about this unit is that it allows me to program delays with 5 ps
steps. Now, wrap a little software around it and one can track out the
actual interpolation steps of many counters, and use that for
adjustments of the interpolators. Won't quite cut it for the best
counters, while you can still get some hints of their curve. At the same
time, it's not perfectly linear either. For "lesser" counters, it will
surely suffice.

Cheers,
Magnus