[time-nuts] Delay generator

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 3 00:00:02 UTC 2012

On 08/03/2012 01:36 AM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
> OK, to go beyond the simple see-your-resolution, the 535 is needed

Or something similar, its a good help to illustrate the issues.

> (and a very very good oscillator, of course).

It's not that good as an oscillator, but you can do some nice tricks.
Then again, look at the oscillators I compare to. For shorter delays, it
can be free-running, but longer delays needs the better oscillator or
even external clocking.

The trigger jitter (alignment error between internal 80 MHz and trigger
pulse) has an analogue fast-forward over to the output analogue delays,
which is neat, but for better performance the trigger should preferably
be done in the 10 MHz clock provided externally.

Cheers,
Magnus