[time-nuts] HP 58503A

Christoph Kopetzky dekagoon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:25:37 UTC 2012

Hello followers,

I can state that my measuring of the signal (30 mV, 65,2 kHz) was caused by
the serial line of the com port of the receiver... :-)

After looking for sources of the noisy signal I disconnected my first the
GPS antenna signal from the 58512A GPS amplifier. -> Signal intact
Then I disconnect my frequency meter from the 10 MHz output -> signal intact
Now I disconnected the serial connection to my notebook -> signal gone!

So it was an interspersed signal from the serial connector ...

But at the end the question what the ESEC output may be is still mysterious...

Chris