[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPS and frequency divider loading question.

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Mon Aug 13 21:26:23 UTC 2012

  13/08/2012 22:18

David Partridge was able to supply one of his last remaining frequency
dividers to me, for use with my TB GPS standard. It works perfectly
and is now in a nice enclosure feeding a small array of BNC sockets on my
shack wall. My question is, if I take the 10 MHz output of the TB into
David's frequency divider:

http://www.perdrix.co.uk/FrequencyDivider/index.html

is it loaded much? Can I T off at the TB 10 MHz output port and feed a
socket on my distribution panel to see the unadulterated 10 MHz sine
wave as well as having it feeding the divider? It's very useful as I
now have a 1 MHZ standard to run my old Racal frequency counter off,
plus all the other output frequencies. I used to use the 10 MHz output
of the TB direct to the Racal, but had to remember to do the maths, I
was a bit surprised 10 MHz worked at all into the external standard
1 MHz input port.Thanks.

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.