[time-nuts] Modern motherboard with RS232 port

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Sun Aug 19 14:42:10 UTC 2012

Hello The Net,

For your consideration:

The INTEL model DN2800mt ITX mother board uses a ATOM CPU and
draws about 11 watts of AC power when configured as:
(I have not measured DC power yet.)

30 GB OCZ Nocti mSATA solid state drive,
WIN7 pro, 64 bit, USB keyboard and mouse
APEX MI-0008 case.

Also has:
parallel port available on mother board, you extend to a connector
RS232 serial port available on mother board, you extend to a connector
a single DC power supply from 11 to 19 V DC.
1 each PCIe expansion port, I will use with a premium 4 channel sound card
SATA ports available for HDD/SDD,
USB ports are available,
Motherboard sound, and Gigalan.

I have not played with NTP, (yet), but it sounds like a decent time nut
technical challenge.

My application is for a remote site with only 13V DC power available
from PV/batteries.
Then use fiber ethernet to get off site.

The INTEL website would have further details.

Stan, W1LE    Cape Cod   FN41sr

ZZZZz