[time-nuts] Is this a cesium frequency standard?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 23 18:31:02 UTC 2012

On 08/23/2012 07:39 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message<CAMPhioqkby-LrwDngmd9JDs-MnJ7mUSWxUz=7DXVN7R1=3fW0Q at mail.gmail.com>
> , Bill Dailey writes:
>
>> Agreed... my point is it *may* be significantly better depending on the
>> application ...
>
> It's really very simple:  If it was, the company that made them would
> now be owned either by some rich mafioso or a western company.
>
> If it is no good, the company is still locally owned or bankrupt.
>
> Given that we havn't seen anything like them elsewhere, I subscribe
> to the first theory.  In particular given the descriptions rather
> promiscuous claims.

Well, I have something quite similar, The IEM KVARZ / VREMYA CH1-78.
This looks like a modern variant of this. Mine includes clock, time
difference measurement and frequency measurement. Oh, PPS output with a
delayed PPS. Thus, all the extra features to make it a portable
secondary clock for calibration work. Bells and whistles you don't
usually see on rubidiums, but make sense in this context. The box for
sale seems to be the same thing but more modern form. It also seems to
have taken input from the 5065A box.

Just because there isn't much trace of the box, doesn't mean it wasn't a
good product for its time and it could have been a minor product from a
much larger design-house, and there existed a few of those in USSR.

Cheers,
Magnus