[time-nuts] HP-5065a bought and finally working!

Edgardo Molina xe1xus at amsat.org
Fri Aug 24 21:28:54 UTC 2012

Dear John,

Thank you for such a detailed response. I will certainly look for Ebay opportunities on the models you kindly advised. I had the TAPR unit on my mind for several months but not sure about the way it could behave for these kind of measurements. I see this hobby will last for a long time. Other hobbies I have are amateur radio, seismology, radio and visual astronomy as well as astrophotography. I have seen large amounts of checks being used for hobbies that turn out to be great for learning. Nowadays I make a living out of what amateur radio digital communications taught to me decades ago. That is what hobbies are for me. Time and Frequency will certainly led me to better learning opportunities and a way to enjoy experimenting with the technology that was only a dream during my childhood.

I will take the time to research on the items you kindly mention. Thank you.

P.S. And also very important: Should I leave the HP 5065a "on" 24x7? Or do you recommend to treat it like a randomly used Cesium? I have a couple of FE cheap Rubidiums that won't hurt if they fail for disciplining purposes.

Regards,

Edgardo Molina
Dirección IPTEL

www.iptel.net.mx

T : 55 55 55202444
M : 04455 20501854

Piensa en Bits SA de CV

Información anexa:

CONFIDENCIALIDAD DE INFORMACION

Este mensaje tiene carácter confidencial. Si usted no es el destinarario de este mensaje, le suplicamos se lo notifique al remitente mediante un correo electrónico y que borre el presente mensaje y sus anexos de su computadora sin retener una copia de los mismos. Queda estrictamente prohibido copiar este mensaje o hacer usode el para cualquier propósito o divulgar su en forma parcial o total su contenido. Gracias.

NON-DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION

This email is strictly confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please immediately advise the sender by replying to this e-mail and then deleting the message and its attachments from your computer without keeping a copy. It is strictly forbidden to copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any third party. Thank you.