[time-nuts] newbie question Thunderbolt supply

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 16:29:25 UTC 2012

Having played with most combinations I could think of including the 1764
there is a lot to be said about the stability of the 7812 and mounting every
thing on one plate since power dissipation of the OCXO decreases with
increase  in ambient temperature and current fluctuation is minimal since input
from the  switcher is very stable and 78 tabs are bolted to the aluminum
plate. I am  staying with 5 V regulator fed by 7812.
Using battery backup changes every thing and I use a switcher for the 5V
followed by a LDO and a separate switcher for the 12 V again followed by a
LDO.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 8/26/2012 8:09:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,