[time-nuts] ublox chip sets - what GPS device should I buy?

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Fri Aug 31 23:19:54 UTC 2012

These mapping programs tend to fall back to NEMA, but also have proprietary formats. (Certainly true of Garmin and Delorme.) Now I wonder if by specifying a S&T USB GPS they want whatever proprietary format MS used. That is, it would have made more sense that if they wanted NEMA, they would specify NEMA.

Those MS hockey pucks were notorious for being mistaken by the OS as a mouse out of the blue.  You eould have to boot the notebook. All in all, a technology that didn't work well.