[time-nuts] ARM boards for low-cost GPSDOs

d0ct0r time at patoka.org
Thu Apr 10 23:24:40 UTC 2014

> The timers are 16-bit but I extend it to 64 bits in software. When the
> timer rolls over I add 65536 to the software variable "mono_epoch". At

BTW, its possible to extend timer to 64 bit using special feature of
ST32. Its when one timer (master), controlling the other timer(s)
(slaves). See following app. note, for example:

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/application_note/CD00165509.pdf

Also, the examples which coming with peripheral library helps a lot !

I was using PIC and Freescale before. All my recent project is on ST32.
But instead of Discovery board I would prefer bare board with MCU from
auction site. JUst because its gives me more control. ;-)

--
WBW,

V.P.