[time-nuts] FS700 Loran-C Frequency Standard Schematics

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 09:27:26 UTC 2014

Now there's an interesting part number for a scanner:-)

I've had similar problems in the past trying to "stitch" schematics, I did
find a program some years ago that would "half" work, usually matching up
the  ends of the lines ok, but then leaving quite significant distortion  in
that region. I know others have claimed some success so thought perhaps  it
was just me, but perhaps not after all.

These days I use a Kodak feed through unit that will take up to A3,  and
with sheets even larger than that it generally manages in two or more A3
parts with a generous overlap which isn't too bad, so would be quite happy to do
 the scanning here if I had access to a copy.
I'd be more than happy to pay the postage charges both ways if anyone could
 make a copy available for scanning, and happy to share the results, but
must admit if it were my copy I'd probably be pretty reluctant to trust it
to the post.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

Nigel,

On 04/20/2014 03:43 PM, GandalfG8 at aol.com  wrote:
> Hi Magnus
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
>  I was aware of that, and the $35 previously mentioned in the time-nuts
>  archives for an original manual from SRS doesn't sound too bad, but
they  don't
> seem to list the FS700 these days and for some other  kit  they now have
the
> manuals priced at $100 each.
>
> I was  hoping to find a less expensive option:-)

Let's see if there is a  scanner available to handle the fold-outs.

My HP5370C scanner (read  that number once more!) doesn't do that size
and I have not figured out a  good way to have schematics partially
scanned and joined together. The one  program, hugin, that seems to join
photos doesn't work with scanned  schematics.

Cheers,
Magnus