[time-nuts] Rb vs.Crystal OCXO

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 22:02:12 UTC 2014

Welcome to time-nuts. I have to agree with Tom for an out of the box
experience.

However as so many time-nuts experiment with GPS control of these
oscillators you really can get great stability with both today and I
believe even better in the future. I like the low power of the xtal
oscillator. Thats handy when running on emergency battery here in New
England. My RB will run 2 days before the batteries shut down. But a OCXO
would most likely increase that another day or more. Plus run the GPS lock
system.

However since the rest of the house has no power somewhat of a useless
point. Far bigger concerns at least in the winter.

It really boils down to what you need to do with the solution.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL