[time-nuts] New timing receivers?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 05:08:30 UTC 2014

When I was playing with an Adafruit GPS,  it appeared that if it thought you were not moving it would go into a pseudo-position-hold mode and the output coords would not change.  It took it a while to start outputting new coords when you started moving again.  This test was at walking speeds.  I had to walk maybe 100 feet before it started sending new coords.
I assume it is actually producing fixes,  but not changing the output sentences (i.e so that a car stopped at a traffic light does not show it moving randomly around the intersection).