[time-nuts] GPS antenna length correction

"Björn Gabrielsson" bg at lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 28 20:22:17 UTC 2014

Michael,

Lever arms are used to move a measurement to where its needed. Typically
when an INS uses a GPS measurement where the antenna is some meters away
from the INS calculation reference point. Its not applicable to the
antenna cable length problem.

The GPS needs to calculate x,y,z and t for each epoch. However the
receiver can't distinguish between the antenna-cable delay and a
bias/time-error in the receiver clock. And as a result the GPS 1PPS output
will be biased by this delay. x,y,z is not affected by the time-delay
between the antenna phase-center and the receiver.

/Björn