[time-nuts] Phase noise and geomagnetism

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Mon Apr 28 22:29:28 UTC 2014

Antonio,

That is a great question.  I am not 100% sure of the answer myself, but I
am sure others will chime in.

I used to be responsible for an RF lab in which we did a lot of low-noise
measurements; had shielded racks, chamber, etc. - I can tell you from
experience that
anything that can raise or effect the noise floor can affect the
measurement(s).  So, in this case, I would think that is true; so I would
postulate that it is possible.

But, there may be some on the list that have made these measurements and
will share their experience and expert knowledge.

73's,
John
AJ6BC