[time-nuts] OT Gel Cell question

Dale H. Cook starcity at plymouthcolony.net
Sun Jul 27 20:59:59 UTC 2014

At 04:09 PM 7/27/2014, Tom Miller wrote:

>If the battery is more than five years old it is most likely time to trade it in for a new one.

I have used uninterruptable power supplies and standby power supplies for decades at work to keep mission-critical hardware online. I concur fully with Tom - depending upon the equipment they are used in and the quality of the original cells I replace gel cells every three to five years. It is much better to replace cells at a time of my choosing than to try to stretch their use and have them fail when needed.

Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html