[time-nuts] Low cost GPS module for < 100ns timestamping error

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat May 10 14:15:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, 09 May 2014 18:46:05 +0100
Tony <tnuts at toneh.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Quite a remarkable datasheet for a low cost part - I've not found any
> other low cost oscillator with either of those specifications, and even
> some (most?) of the OXCO don't specify the freq/temp slope.

I'm quite sure the manufacturers have this data, but they do not readily
publish it because it is not tested for and thus not guaranteed.
Ie the manufacturers want to prevent someone from taking that data,
constructing some "specs" in their mind and blaming the manufacturer
when the circuit fails because the part didn't meet the "specs".

Usually the manufacturers are quite happy to share that data if you
ask nicely.

			Attila Kinali

--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous