[time-nuts] Can (will) a M12+T generate a negative sawtooth message ?

cfo xnews3 at luna.dyndns.dk
Sun May 18 20:24:01 UTC 2014

I have 2 x M12+T , and a DS1023-100 Dallas chip.
I'm going to use the DS1023 to make sawtooth correction , but the DS is a
bit unclear.

http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS1023.pdf

1:
What is the REF output used for ?
As i read it it shows the "internal delay" through the chip. And can be
used to subtract that delay if needed.
But they also talks about temperature compensation etc.
Does one use that signal in the active circuit ?
I was thinking about just measuring it once.

2:
If the M12+T can/will output negative sawtooth delays , can i just write
the byte into the DS1023 , and the sign of the byte will automaticly
adjust for positive/negative delay ?
Or do i have to add a fixed delay ie. 50ns to the value , in order to be
able to make a "negative/early"  pulse of max 50 ns ?

I have just found the DS of the 1123 , and it might be a bit clearer i
hope.
http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS1123L.pdf

I hope someone here might have practical experience with the DS1023

TIA
CFO - Denmark

e-mail: xnews3 at luna.dyndns.dk