[time-nuts] Weather/units question for European members

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Sat May 24 12:01:53 UTC 2014

Hello,

Wind speed usually in meters/sec (when used for scientific data) or km/h
(used in the news, so the people can compare with car speed ;) )
Pressure in millibars. Meteorologist also usually refers to
hectopascals, but it is more for representing something at a given
altitude (for example, winds at 700hPa) than for managing pressure data.
Temperature in ºC
Precipitation in liters/squared meter or millimeters (it is a 1:1
equivalence)

Best regards,

Javier