[time-nuts] Weather/units question for European members

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat May 24 20:45:11 UTC 2014

Hi Mark:

The key benefit of an ultrasonic wind speed/direction sensor is that it can detect very slow wind speeds.
My Peet Bros. system does not start telling me anything until the speed is a few MPH.
http://www.prc68.com/I/UltimeterWeatherStation.shtml

But all the weather stations I've seen don't tell you if the wind is backing or veering and how fast that's going on.
This is critical for forecasting.
It would be possible to have a graphical display the would be like looking down on a smoke stack with the smoke trail
showing the history of wind direction.
See the  Sager Weather Caster book for more on that.
http://www.prc68.com/I/Weather.shtml

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com