[time-nuts] locking oscillators - an increase in power and/or stability ?

cdelect at juno.com cdelect at juno.com
Wed Oct 8 19:07:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I came across this phenomena when transmitting with two 5KW transmitters
via separate parabolic antennas to a satellite.

If the phase of the TXs was correct the received signal at the satellite
was 6db hotter!

I thought at the time that it was due to the power adding in the voltage
mode.

For instance if you take a 1volt signal into 1 ohm you get 1 amp and 1
watt. but if you take two 1volt signals and add them to produce a 2 volt
signal then you get 2 amps and 4 watts.

Not sure if my logic is correct but the phenomena is real!

Corby