[time-nuts] Sun Outage

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Oct 9 18:18:16 UTC 2014

bob at evoria.net said:
> Two days this week, there was a 3 or 4 minute outage on DirecTV as the sun
> aligned with the satellite and my dish.  So I was wondering what kind of
> effect this has on the GPS system and especially timing receivers.

Is there any easy way to get a signal/noise reading out of the receiver?  It
would be interesting to see a daily/weekly plot as well as the zoomed in area
around things like sun events.

What's the beam width of the DirectTV antennas?  Does it agree with the "3 or
4" minutes at the back-of-envelope level?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.