[time-nuts] Price of LTE Lite GPSDO vs Trimble Thunderbolt.

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Fri Oct 17 19:49:06 UTC 2014

First three cheers to LTE for making these available.

It reminds me when Motorola made a developers kit for the then
new 68HC11 MCU available for $68.11.

I know of one design win they got that more then made of their marketing
costs.

Another that hit me is with inflation the LTE Lite is not much more then
what many of us paid for our Thunderbolts.

For those new to the list ...

https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2008-May/031100.html

http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tapr-tbolt/

In 2008, $124, the LTE Lite in 2014 $195.

With 'real' inflation (not the 11% you get online) the $71 difference is
not much more.

My two backup Thunderbolts cost me $145 each, just before they hit $200
then became history.

Again thanks to Said and JLT !!!!

-pete