[time-nuts] LTE-Lite module and the pendulum...

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 22:38:30 UTC 2014

Burt,

those old Vectrons can be tricky. I had a 100MHz unit in my DTS-2070  and
it could not be adjusted to 100MHz anymore, it had out-aged its trim
capacitor. I threw it away I think, and replaced it with something more  modern.

My initial point was that your trim cap problem is very similar to what the
 loop is experiencing on oscillators that have an EFC hysteresis. There is
not a  single vendor in the world that I know of that specifies this EFC
hysterisis,  and this and the retrace of the crystal over the first couple of
hours are two  extremely important parameters as they can cause significant
errors in  GPSDOs.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 10/21/2014 15:10:09 Pacific Daylight Time, biwa at att.net