[time-nuts] Phase, One edge or two? (was Digital mixing with a D Flip Flop)

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Oct 23 00:11:52 UTC 2014

Hi

There are a number of papers out there that talk about decimation vs averaging for ADEV. They have various data sets processed by both techniques.

Bottom line - decimation does a better job than averaging for ADEV. At least that’s true if you want the result to resemble the “real” ADEV of the source(s).

Bob