[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361/Z3812A GPSDO initial setup

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sat Oct 25 04:57:57 UTC 2014

(I do not understand why Yahoo responds to the list for some of you and for others it responds only to the sender.  This is a resend to the list.)

Hi Hal,
That should have been Satstat, and yeah, after looking through the Z3801 User's Guide, I decided to just let it play by itself.  It found the right date after it started acquiring sats, so I guess all is good.
I think I figured out why only the REF-0 unit was responding.  And that's because there are two units, and the one that's not active doesn't reply.  At the moment, REF-0 which is responding has the ON light lit, and REF-1 says it's in STBY.
So I think I finally have a better phase reference than the 10811 I've been using.  At least the phase plot against my GPSDO project is pretty stable over the last 2500 seconds, and a proper ADEV curve is starting to develop.  Unfortunately, I've been battling what I think is a thermal problem, so it could all fall over sometime tonight.  OTOH, the survey isn't complete, and I have no idea about the performance of this Z3812A during survey.
And thanks for the Linux ideas.

Bob