[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361/Z3812A GPSDO initial setup

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 17:28:56 UTC 2014

I can't remember when I initially powered up my RFTG-u REF 1 how long
it took to give me the green light but I *believe* it was a long time,
maybe the better part of 24 hours. I think after testing and being
fustrated I forgot to turn it off one night and the next day things
looked normal. I have since either lost power or unplugged the unit
and when powered up it always takes 14 minutes to aquire satellites,
go through the start-up secquence, and give me the green light. If I
recall when I first tried getting it to work I had a problem with
being impatient and not waiting for the unit to complete the survey
or whatever it was doing. I didn't have a computer connected so I was
kind of flying blind.

To answer another question, the RFTG-u REF 1 does supply +5 volts to the
antenna connector to power the active antennas.

-Arthur