[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361/Z3812A GPSDO initial setup

Christopher Brown cbrown at woods.net
Sat Oct 25 21:32:38 UTC 2014

Might want to dial that back a bit.

Since 12V/7ah batteries are mentioned I am assuming standard small
gelcell units.

Proper float voltage for a deep cycle is lower than a SLI type, and
gellcell even lower.

Generally 13.6 - 13.8 would be the gellcell range, with 13.6 being right
on for long life use of _small_ batteries.  Equalizing charge wold be 14
- 14.2.

Floating a small gelcell at 13.6 (27.2) v.s. 14 can mean the diff
between 12 - 24 months v.s. 5 - 7 years service life.