[time-nuts] 10MHz Rubidium reference source for frequency

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 01:51:15 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Karen Tadevosyan <ra3apw at mail.ru> wrote:

> I hope to use homemade GPSDO for the rubidium oscillator calibration.

You can save a little if you build a "GPS disciplined Rb".  It is just like
building a GPSDO but you use the Rb in place of the OCXO.  Saves money and
I think gives better results because you do not have to transfer frequency
from the crystal to the Rb.  Unless you need the OCXO for some other reason.

I was luck to have bought the FE5680 back when they were $35 each.  They
work well enough for my 10 digit frequency counter.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California