[time-nuts] float chargers for oscillator backup power

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 02:03:03 UTC 2014

I had a sail boat with six of those T105 batteries and the big AC charger
too.  But I was running lights, a microwave oven, radios and so on.  Those
batteries held "kilowatt-hours" of energy.  That is gross over kill for a
GPSDO.

The simplest setup for a low power device is a LiPo battery of the kind
sold for use with model cars and airplanes.  They are small, don't cost
much and you can buy the chargers at hobby shops.  These packs are made
from AA size cells that are soldered together then taped and shrink wrapped
and use a (mostly) standardized connector for power output and charging.
You can get set up for the cost of just one T105 battery.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California