[time-nuts] 10MHz Rubidium reference source for frequency

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 23:32:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Ryan Stasel <rstasel at uoregon.edu> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I’m curious how you have the PLL set up for the 5680 and GPS. Do you have
> any schematics, docs, etc?

I used a simplified version of the design posted by Lars Walenius.
Simplified in that I took out 90% of the software using only the few lines
that were needed.   The controller is basically PID but with VERY low gain.
   Some one who is smarter might be able to make it settle faster but I
didn't care.

Phase detector is a HC4046 chip The output is filtered with LC filter then
read using ADC on Arduino.  The PID tries to keep this value are some
arbitrary constant value

Lars' idea was to make this as simple as could be.  Mine was to make it
even more simple.  I found I could not remove any of his hardware parts but
I could make the software much smaller.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California