[time-nuts] Really fast ADC needed

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 17:35:40 UTC 2014

He will use a beagleboard via bluetooth to absorb the data rate  hahaha.

Pipedream.

In a message dated 10/30/2014 10:32:58 Pacific Daylight Time,
ke9h.graham at gmail.com writes:

A  startup in Massachusetts named Hypres has/had exactly what you want.
It is  a cryogenic delta-sigma converter using some kind of quantum logic.
As I  remember it did about four bits per sample at up to 40 Giga-samples
per  second.
You have to run it submerged in liquid Helium.  But they would  sell you the
liquid
helium generator system as part of the  package.

http://www.hypres.com

But I can't get their web-server  to come up, today.  So either some IT
problems,
or they are out of  business.  If you Google them, they come up in the
search,  so
either they are still around, or were recent enough for Google to  remember.

I would like to see what you are going to use to absorb 120+  Gigabits per
second of
continuously streaming data.  It will take a  server cluster, doing nothing
else, if you
can figure out how to  parallelize the problem.

Good luck,
---  Graham

==