[time-nuts] BBB DDMTD - analysis

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Oct 30 19:08:31 UTC 2014

> In an effort to understand which component was responsible for my ~17us
> spikes ...

17 microseconds is 58 KHz.  That's a reasonable number for a switching power
supply.

What does your power look like?

I don't know what you are using for a  circuit.  My guess is that the crap on
the power is shifting the switching point slightly.  Note that both your
scope and your BBB are digital sampling systems so you have opportunities for
aliasing.

For the scope pictures, you have to consider 3 clocks.  The 3rd one is the
clock in the scope.  My guess is that the fuzzy regions on your digital scope
pictures are when the scope samples while the input signal is switching.

Do you (or a friend) have an analog scope?  It would be fun to set it up in
parallel with the digital scope.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.