[time-nuts] potential source for cheap copy of labview

Brent Gordon time-nuts at adobe-labs.com
Sun Jun 21 05:49:14 UTC 2015

You don't have to wait for the software to arrive if you don't mind
downloading it.  The software you download is the same as the software
National Instruments (NI) ships to their customers.  Without a serial
number the software runs for 45 days.  When you activate the software,
using your serial number, the software contacts NI's server which then
activates whatever features you've purchased.

It is true that LabVIEW programs, in general, run on Mac, Windows, and
Linux without any changes.  Some features are Windows only because they
depend on Windows libraries, ActiveX for example.  Linux is not as well
supported as Windows and Mac.  It only runs on certain distributions
with an old 2.?? kernel.

Brent