[time-nuts] magnetic electronic components

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jun 22 19:02:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

I was looking up some stuff and realized (again) that I don't know
anything about how magnetic electronic components (inductors/solenoids,
transfomers, baluns, ferrite beads...) work. Yes, I can calculate
the inductance, I know how to get from the AL value to number of
windings. But I don't know anything about the practical issues
or where they come from. Unfortunatelly, this knowledge seems to
generally rare among EEs (at least everyone I asked in the last
couple of years) and books about it are either long out of print
(with no pdf available) or more geared towards the physics student.

So, does anyone have any recomendation where I could read up
on this? Books, pdfs, webpages,... anything.

Also something that covers more the application side, ie how to
use ferrite beads/toroids to build devices, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

			Attila Kinali

--
I must not become metastable.