[time-nuts] NTGS50AA Palisade GPS + PPS = False Ticker?

Ed Armstrong eds_equipment at verizon.net
Sat Jan 9 05:00:39 UTC 2016

I've got a Nortel / Trimble NTGS50AA which I've modified for PPS out
connected to a raspberry pi NTP server.. I've got it using the PPS and
the type 29 "Palisade" clock as the prefer server. 2 other public NTP
servers and all is good.

When I try to use just the GPS & PPS, it works for a few minutes, then
marks both as false ticker. Any Ideas? I've got the serial connection
from the front port of the NTGS50AA going through a max 232, from there
through an FTDI board to a computer. Data output from the NTGS50AA is
fed to the Pi, Pi can't talk back. Lady Heather is running on the PC. Pi
receives the TSIP messages with just an occasional failure.

I ran for weeks with just adafruit ultimate breakout NMEA & PPS only,
never any trouble.

Thanks
Ed