[time-nuts] Divider circuit for Rubidium Standard

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jan 9 21:36:35 UTC 2016

Splitting the resistor in 2 and ac coupling the emitters together reduces the effects of Vbe and/or base biasing mismatch allowing a more symmetric output and/or operation at lower input signal levels.The inductor reduces the high frequency variations in the total emitter current. It also reduces the tail current noise at high frequencies.
Bruce