[time-nuts] PRS10 C900 replacement

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jan 20 23:00:11 UTC 2016

Hi

Tantalums can benefit from a 1K resistor sort of “rebuild”. On any part made
in the last 30 years by a major outfit, it should not be required.

Moisture is sort of a weird issue. Epoxy and humidity do strange things. Getting
it back out is not easy. It also combines with the “guts” of the part. The failure
mechanism is not the same as soldering a SMD part that has been out in
the wet world longer than it should have been.

Bob