[time-nuts] Pendulum clocks based on John Harrison's writing

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sat Jan 23 20:59:46 UTC 2016

On Wed, January 20, 2016 12:06 am, Tom Van Baak wrote:
> For more information on Clock B see:
> http://leapsecond.com/pend/clockb/
> Under "technical links" you'll see a copy of my presentation at the
> Harrison conference last year in Greenwich, with all the charts, graphs,
> and ADEV plots a time nut could wish for...

I like that concept of "P" in the "Pendulum Accuracy, part 1" paper.  I
had not seen it described like that before.

Is it accurate to think of P as related to the instantaneous variation in
Q?  In the paper it was notated as deltaE/sigmaE, but isn't that also
deltaE/delta(deltaE) ?  Kind of like the second derivative of energy flow
in the system.

--
Chris Caudle