[time-nuts] HP5370B & HP5345B Front-End IC Redesign Effort

Dale Cannon dalecan1 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jan 24 13:34:02 UTC 2016

Funny,

A friend asked me if I could replicate the front end for a 5370A, a many
years back. I related to him that replicating the input chip was not a
trivial task. His 5370A had been used (by someone else) for direct testing
of controlled-motion DC motors and the front end had obviously been
overstressed by voltage spiking. At the time, I had considered replicating
the front-end probe circuit of a K100D logic analyzer: FET diff. pair
followed by an ECL 10216 line driver. Obviously most daughterboard or dead
bug modification approaches have downsides; in the end I just couldn't cut
up the HP front end and told him to search for a more qualified repair
facility.

BAMA boat anchors has the K100D manual and probe schematic.

		Dale Cannon  KS4FA