[time-nuts] Z3801 misbehaving

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Tue Jan 26 15:32:50 UTC 2016

On 1/26/2016 12:54 AM, Hal Murray wrote:
>> I'm thinking of trying a new GPS board next.
> A bad GPS board won't prevent communication to the main CPU.
>
> You might try capturing the output when you power it on.  It sends out
> something.  I forget what, probably the ID string..  If that doesn't work,
> try a scope.  You might have the PC running at the wrong baud rate.

Hal makes a good point the Z3801 RS232 port is not exactly standard make
sure the COM port settings in Z38xx and in the set up on the computer
(CONTROL PANEL) are set to 19200baud, 7, 1, ODD. BOTH have to be set up
as these are not computer industry "standard"

Dave
NR1DX
ArtekManuals

--