[time-nuts] Newbie questions

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Wed Jan 27 19:39:12 UTC 2016

You will find the following discussion of dB useful

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-volt.htm

dB references are not just for RF it  is/was used extensively in audio
work as well where it was often related to 600ohm load vs the 50ohm RF load

As for DMM I have a Tektronix DM501A and a DM502A both have dB scales. I
have a 20+ year old Radio-Schlock DMM which also has a Db scale. Then
there are all the analog HP 4xx series all of which have dB scales
regardless of frequency coverage AC volt meters, RF power meters etc.
Also the Boonton 92 series all incorporate dBm scales ...and the list
goes on

Have fun and welcome back to the world of practical electronics
experimenting.

Dave
NR1DX
ArtekManuals.com