[time-nuts] Valpey-Fisher VFT22H OCXO Output

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jan 30 14:33:45 UTC 2016

Hi

Unless it’s a really weird termination impedance, it’s broke. The SMA is a pretty
good indication that it *should* work into a 50 ohm load.

The only other possibility is that your probe is taking the load far enough off of 50 ohms
to mis-tune the output filter. I’d set the scope to 50 ohm input and cabe the output directly to it.
If that’s not practical, put a 6 db 50 ohm pad on the output of the oscillator and see what it
looks like after that.

Bob