[time-nuts] HP Z3801A Internal Power Supply issues

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 21:43:25 UTC 2016

A tant melted on one of my KS-246361 boxes (I guess they're a similar age,
possibly even the same source). The only one so far to have trouble. It
failed in such a way that it continued to smoke and load up the power
supply,

The current drawn from the no-name laptop power supply was still well
within spec, at least by the time I post-mortem'ed it. But that melted too,
and took out three levels of circuit breakers. The KS-24361 worked
perfectly after replacing the cap.