[time-nuts] Novatel Dual frequency GNSS receivers on ebay

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Mon Oct 9 19:35:25 UTC 2017

I have quite a bit of experience with Novatel hardware include OEM6, CPT
and SPAN.

CPT is an IMU made by KVH and relabeled by Novatel.    The accelerometers
are MEMs and the roll rate sensors are FOGs.   Pretty old design.
Performance is decent (but not auto alignment good).

http://www.kvh.com/Military-and-Government/Gyros-and-Inertial-Systems-and-Compasses/Gyros-and-IMUs-and-INS/IMUs/CG-5100.aspx

SPAN is the "solution."    SPAN-CPT puts the CPT IMU and the receiver in a
single box.   You could also get just the CPT in a box.

The feature set enabled depends on the software keys that are loaded.
Caveat emptor.

Dual receiver (even if you have the hardware) and ALIGN feature are extra
features.

Also worth noting is that the circular connectors used on some of the
hardware are pricey.  Some are impossible to assemble without specialty
tools.

-- Christopher.
73 de AI6KG