[time-nuts] time-nuts Digest, Vol 159, Issue 14 SDR hacking

Andre Andre at Lanoe.net
Tue Oct 10 02:52:30 UTC 2017

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 10:20 AM, jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to come up with a relatively simple scheme to calibrate an HF antenna array - I've got a bunch of RTL-SDRs operating as a distributed array spread over a few 10s of meters.
>
> In terms of frequency, I think it should work fairly well - I tune the
> RTL's front end, look for my calibration combs that are "in band" and fit
> an appropriate function to the signal (there should be a well defined phase
> relationship between the harmonics)
>
> So

Also have SDR here. Interestingly the issue I found is you do need a good fast PC or packets will get lost.  I use a quad core Phenom with 8GB and it still loses data as it's highest sample rate  resoldering USB helped somewhat.

I have a Tektronix 015-040 5mV/mA CT if someone has a use with pigtail lead and screw end. Has non standard fitting

Andre