[time-nuts] NTP linked PC clock is slightly ahead of Lady Heather GPS time

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Wed Oct 11 17:17:17 UTC 2017

Hi Rob,

Rob Kimberley wrote:> I'm using the Meinberg NTP Distribution here with
their NTP Monitor prog on Win10-64, and two GPS NTP servers.> > Config
settings: -> >    server 192.168.1.120 iburst minpoll 4 maxpoll 5>
server 192.168.1.121 iburst minpoll 4 maxpoll 5> > Consistent sub
millisecond results. I've also found that Win10 actually performs way
better than Win7.
This is because with Windows 8 and newer there is a new API call to read
the system time with 100 ns resolution. The older API provides only 1 ms
resolution.

ntpd uses the new API, if available.

Martin