[time-nuts] Fast Rise/Fall Time Pulser

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Wed Oct 11 18:28:29 UTC 2017

The Leo Bodnar pulser output level is adjustable but at outputs higher
than some 1 v P-P the rise/fall times increase. I reported the ~0.95 v
P-P as what was reported on the datasheet for *my* pulser.

Ok, per Leo's August 7, 2017 post, the output device is a Maxim MAX3949.
Mine is marked, "AJK  BAA." Does anyone know the origin or significance
of that marking?

Per Leo's August 5, 2017 post, the pulser fastest rise time occurs when
the output level is set to 820 mv and the scope reports 976 mvpp. That
is consistent with what is reported for my pulser on the supplied test
datasheet.

Why would you want to set the output level higher than that at which the
risetime is fastest? ~ 1 vpp seems enough.

Larry

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, California  (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)